Hi everyone, a bit about me

Hi my name is Becci I’m 32 and from the UK.
I’m the creator of #myinvisibleproject Advocating for myself and others @myinvisible_

I believe that 1 diagnosis does not fit all. I want to raise awareness for ALL Invisible illnesses around the world sharing everyone’s individual experiences.

I remember as a young child apx 10 yrs old I found things like sitting crossed legged impossible yet I could sit in other awkward positions comfortably, I was told it was growing pains by the school & GP.

At 23 I was diagnosed with Polyarthritis after my joints swelled so badly(unable to hold a toothbrush/do up buttons) but x-rays were normal.

At 24 blood tests showed high inflammatory markers & positive for Rheumatoid Arthritis.

A year later my jaw started to dislocate & get stuck (I learnt how to pop it back) yawning, eating certain foods. This was Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ) I started Naproxen to help with RA but after passing blood I was Anaemic, I needed iron tablets & transfusion, I continue to suffer with inflammation in my oesophagus & stomach lining today.
At 27 I was told I have Fibromyalgia, Hypermobility Syndrome, Achilles Tendinitis, Chronic Pain, I’ve had multiple procedures; joint aspiration to steroid injections, tablets/infusions & hydrotherapy.
A Hip Arthrogram showed degenerative wear Osteoarthritis NOS of Hip & most recently they’ve found Acute Meniscal Tears in Lateral Cartilage both knees & a Diaphragmatic Hernia.

I also manage a Gastritis, Oesophagus Reflux, Bursitis, Chronic Migraines, IBS, Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction, acutesinusitis.
I use a mix of medications, Biologic injection, Hydrotherapy & Mindfulness.
I started #myinvisibleproject as It can be tough to talk about how an illness has affected you emotionally/physically but sometimes it can be helpful to others/yourself to open up.

I want to help break the expected stereotype of how someone should look with a chronic illness. Even people with the same diagnosis have an individual experience.

1 Like

OMG I love your hair!!! i love your project and what you are doing. I would love to connect with you. Are you on any social media handles? I tried looking you up.

hi Keisha thank you so much if you search #myinvisibleproject on Instagram or my account name @myinvisible_ or if you click my profile on here there should be some links there. :blush::blush: